PART-TIME JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT
PCPI is a not-for-profit organization that provides employment related services to diverse job seekers and businesses to reach their full potential. The organization is also the proud creator and presenter of the IEP Conference, a unique forum for internationally educated professionals now in its 18th year. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, and innovative programming.
We are seeking a part-time (22.5 hrs./weekly) junior accountant to who is a self-starter and who can multi-task, to assist with preparing financial statements, financial reporting, reconciliation entries, processing accounts receivable and payables with posting to g/l and all aspects day-to-day accounting in a non-profit environment. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. They will also have strong communication skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft office, Teams, Monday.com and Sap/Spire accounting software.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the organization and help its projects to fully maintain controls of their spending as per budget forecast and allocations.
Specific Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Record accounts receivable for each project and prepare and submit claims/invoices
• Update accounts and perform reconciliations
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and organization accounting and financial guidelines
• Assist with preparing payroll, reviewing payroll records and expenses, etc. as assigned
• Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly claims for each project
• Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by posting, verifying, and allocating transactions
• Reconcile entries to balance accounts
• Maintain a balanced general ledger
• Monitor variances from the forecasted budget
• Support month end/quarter end year with accruals, reconciliations, prepaids, and assist with year end audits
• Prepare and process bank deposit and credit card transactions
• Responsible for full cycle accounts payables including cheque runs
• Create and maintain vendors, manage any queries, accruals, and reconciliations
• Prepare employee expenses including reconciling monthly visa statements
• Update the spreadsheets created to track data needed for processing claims.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping
• Working knowledge and understanding of GAAP
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient skills with Spire accounting software and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 23 January 2023.
Progress Career Planning Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided through the hiring process provided the candidate makes such requests in advance.
Only qualified candidates will be invited to attend and interview.
A mandatory police check is required for all successful candidates prior to hiring.