Progress Career Planning Institute (PCPI) is seeking a Manager for the Employment Service (ES) Project
Reporting: Reports to and receives supervision from the President of PCPI
PCPI is a not-for-profit business focused organization that provides career development and employment related services to a diverse cross-section of individuals and businesses. Our work in the community includes research on workforce integration, delivery of the IEP (Internationally Educated Professionals) Conference, a unique forum for internationally education professionals now in its 18th year, and Employment and Career Services. Our organization’s success in delivering quality service is based on a business-like approach, supported by knowledgeable caring staff, user-friendly resources, community engagement and innovative programming.
Scope of the Position: To help us carry out our work we are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual to inspire, motivate and provide leadership to a professional team in a fast-paced environment, liaise with business and government leaders to address skills gaps, leverage opportunities to build capacity for the organization and the community. The position, although not limited to, will manage the day-to-day employment service delivery, monitor service, and program trends, conduct data analysis, author reports, and proposals, liaise with diverse stakeholders, establish partnerships, and assist with business development/new initiatives.
- Monitors employment services milestones – IOM. and CAMS data input and uploading service activity data in EOIS-CAMS
- Compiles and analyses data for statistics and writes Quarterly Status and Adjustment and Detailed Service reports as needed.
- Organizes and maintains a broad range of up-to-date service delivery statistics and resources for proposals.
- Conducts monthly case files’ audit and EOIS-CAMs monitoring.
- Surveys service providers, employers, and clients to gauge service satisfaction and implement improvement as needed.
- Assists with generating business development opportunities/ ideas, strategies, and implementation.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of employer database.
- Review case files and monitor file closure for appropriate outcomes.
- Work with staff to develop innovative job search and skills development workshop.
- Ensures that the employment program have professional and knowledgeable staff by providing training and or recommended training as needed.
- Leads, and provides encouragement to staff that empowers them to achieve their full potential.
- Holds regular team meetings to share knowledge, provide and receive feedback.
- Responds to staff issues and takes disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provides orientation and training to staff and ensures that they are equipped with the tools, and knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and values.
- Provides ongoing feedback and annual performance appraisal to encourage continuous improvement opportunity for new learning.
- Provide staff and senior management with updates on programs and community services.
- Works collaboratively with Information & Resource staff to develop workshop schedules.
- Sources business development opportunities and writes funding proposals to assist the organization to build capacity and expand services to meet community needs.
- Represents the organization on community committees and participates in brainstorming opportunities to help develop initiatives and activities that promote economic growth for the community.
- Attends and participates in operations and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of qualification
A university degree in one or more disciplines such as, Business Management, Social Science, Human Studies and/ or Education specializing in counselling with five years’ senior or middle management experience preferably in not- for-profit and possess:
- Working knowledge of Employment Ontario Service Delivery Model is an asset.
- Experience leading and supervising staff/teams to achieve their best and evaluating performance.
- Experience in program management, problem solving, decision making and ability to develop and coordinate projects with minimal supervision.
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills to anticipate and absorb complex performance management issues and address trends in program delivery services.
- Experience compiling and analyzing data from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude to manage project metrics and outcomes.
- Experience authoring grant proposals with successful results
- Superior judgment and political acuity
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with MS Office and EOIS-CAMs database.
- Experience working independently as well as part of a team.
- A network of contacts and able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong work ethics and professionalism that complement the business standards of PCPI.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations to Bernadette Ferdinand-Shepherd at: email@example.com .
In keeping with our commitment to diversity and cultural intelligence, we encourage applications from persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those whose skills match with the required competencies will be invited for an interview. Sorry, no telephone enquiries please.
Please note: This position requires a police reference check prior to starting the position.